Virginia PTAC seeking new counselor
If you know someone knowledgeable about Federal or State procurement who is may be interested in seeking a 32 hr per week (with benefits) employment as a Procurement Counselor at George Mason University, please share this job announcement:
Part Time Procurement Counselor serving Central Virginia based in our Fredericksburg office at UMW: https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/52166
Government Contracting Counseling
- Ensure PTAC client’s SAM and Dynamic Small Business Search are thoroughly filled out to provide the best snapshot of the firms’ competencies;
- Determine eligibility of firm’s ability to achieve socioeconomic certifications for HUBZone, 8(a) and WOSB/EDWOSB, Mentor Protégé and SDVOSB verification;
- Advise PTAC clients about the advantages and disadvantages associated with teaming arrangements and the various regulations governing subcontracting and joint ventures;
- Provide PTAC clients information about the government’s competition policies, contract types, procurement methods, and source selection processes;
- Perform assessments of PTAC clients’ draft responses to government solicitations and provide recommendations to improve their chances of winning more government contracts and subcontracts;
- Provide PTAC clients information about government procurement policies, rules, regulations and processes;
- Provide PTAC clients recommended courses of action to resolve government solicitation, prime contract, subcontract, contract management, and/or performance issues; and
- Maintain current, accurate and complete electronic records for all counseling sessions and administrative actions in support of the PTAC mission.
- Assist with the development of government contracting presentations, workshops and outreach events; and
- Lead government contracting workshops and provide formal presentations to small businesses and external constituents within the PTAC’s service area.
- Establish and maintain relationships with government buyers and partners (incl. universities, economic development organizations, major prime contractors, State Procurement professionals, legislators, chambers of commerce, and other business groups).
- Identify/write minimum of 1 success story per quarter drawing from counseling client’s contract awards or other achievements eligible as an official DLA reportable success story. Confirm content with Statewide Director, submit to client for their approval and signature on company letterhead per DLA requirements.
Posted in: Company News, Press Releases, UncategorizedLeave a Comment (0) →