Effective October 1, 2015, one final rule amends the FAR to implement inflation adjustments to acquisition-related thresholds. Changes include:
- The micropurchase threshold of $3,000 is increased to $3,500.
- The commercial items test program ceiling is increased from $6.5 million to $7 million.
- The cost or pricing data threshold is increased from $700,000 to $750,000.
- The prime contractor subcontracting plan floor is increased from $650,000 to $700,000, while the construction threshold remains at $1.5 million.
- The threshold for reporting first-tier subcontract information, including executive compensation, is increased from $25,000 to $30,000.
- The cost or pricing data threshold and Cost Accounting Standard threshold are raised from $700,000 to $750,000.
The simplified acquisition threshold of $150,000 is unchanged, as are FedBizOpps preaward and postaward notices, which remain at $25,000. A proposed rule published November 25, 2014, is adopted without change. However, some final thresholds are lower due to a lower rate of inflation than projected at the time the proposed rule was published.
Source: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/06/26/2015-15668/defense-federal-acquisition-regulation-supplement-inflation-adjustment-of-acquisition-related, http://www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/councils/marc/
Posted in: Resources