Virginia PTAC offers specialized services such as; navigating government databases, providing guidance on socio-economic certifications, answering contract management questions, and marketing to the government. Counseling is free of charge to Virginia based businesses in our service area who meet the qualifications for assistance.
- Business entity must be established (click here if business is established less than 2 years)
- Business must have a professional presence (including professional website and business email)
- Business must have past performance experience in either commercial or government work
- Register as a client on our website prior to requesting an appointment
Our assistance is free of charge but we do require completion of a quarterly satisfaction survey which includes reporting of any awards from Federal, State, or Local Government. This information is provided to our Federal partner and used to justify funding.
Be prepared to give specific details on your needs so we can match you with the best counselor available.
Virginia PTAC counselors have decades of experience working in the field of government contracting and receive ongoing training to keep pace with constantly changing acquisitions procedures and regulation. We have access to a nationwide network of Procurement Counselors as well as having contacts in private industry and government agencies to provide expertise on more complex problems.
Counseling appointments are made in the order that they are received. Counseling appointments are done in person via face to face or virtual and may take up to two hours. Please be prepared to take notes, listen carefully, and ask questions to make the most of your time. We also recommend you review our resource links, homework, and familiarize yourself with our website before coming to the appointment.
Our areas of counseling include, but are not limited to, these topic areas:
- Federal set-aside certification help including applications and leveraging
- Virginia SWaM and Micro Business certifications
- GSA schedules and other indefinite delivery vehicles
- Market research of procurement histories
- Capabilities statements
- Proposal preparation
- Marketing your business to the government
- Proposal pricing and accounting advice
- Pre/post contract award compliance
Some things we do not do:
- We do not provide legal advice
- We cannot provide advice on how to finance growth or obtain a loan
- We cannot provide advice on grants – our advice is limited to contracting with the government
- We cannot edit or reword your proposal or operating agreement for you. We can review and make recommendations but it is up to you to implement.
- We do not give you special access to government officials
- We do not advertise or advocate on behalf of your company
Note: If you are an established client, please reach out directly to your counselor for scheduling.