Please review the latest message from Small Business Administration (SBA) to Veteran-Owned Businesses and Stakeholders regarding the Veteran’s Administration (VA) Center for Verification and Evaluation Transfer (CVE) from VA to SBA:
Dear Veteran-Owned Businesses and Stakeholders,
We are one month closer to the transfer of the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) to the SBA. Effective January 1, 2023, all functions of the CVE will be managed by the SBA.
As we near the transfer date, please review the following scenarios and take the necessary steps to ensure a smooth transition:
- If you are a self-certified SDVOSB and you are currently doing business with the government or you’re interested in pursuing work with the government in the near future, you will need to become certified in order to do business with the government once the transfer is effective on Jan. 1, 2023. Please consider getting certified through the VA now. Your VA certification will then transfer over to the SBA on Jan. 1, 2023. If not, you will have a one-year grace period after the transfer date to become certified through the SBA. Please start the VA process here: https://vetbiz.va.gov/vip/
- Example: Linda runs a self-certified SDVOSB. Linda should consider getting certified now through the VA or otherwise she will need to become certified through the SBA after Jan. 1, 2023. She can keep her contract through the period of performance but if she wants to compete for sole source and set-aside contracts with the government in the future then she will need to be certified through the SBA.
- If you are a VOSB or SDVOSB certified through the VA and your certification is within 120 days from expiration between now and December 2022, please recertify with the VA now before the transfer is complete. Follow instructions provided in reminder emails from the VA.
- Example: Stacey owns a VOSB, and her VA certification expires in December 2022. Stacey should follow the steps provided in the notification/reminder email from the VA and recertify through the VA now before the transfer. Her certification will then transfer over to the SBA effective Jan. 1, 2023.
- If you are a VOSB or SDVOSB certified through the VA and you’re not up for recertification soon, no action is required. Your status will transfer to the SBA.
- Example: John owns a VOSB, and his business is certified through the VA through 2024. John’s certification status will transfer over to the SBA, and he does not need to take any steps at this time before the transfer.
Lastly, please join us for the next public briefing on the CVE transfer which will take place during the Advisory Committee on Veterans Business Affairs on Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 9 a.m. ET. To join the meeting from your computer, go to https://bit.ly/JuneACVBA or dial-in by phone at 202-765-1264 and enter code 147 026 343#.
Office of Veterans Business Development U.S. Small Business Administration