With the passage of the FY21 NDAA, government-wide SDVOSB verification is coming. Check out the Koprince Law, LLC article on what to expect: https://smallgovcon.com/service-disabled-veteran-owned-small-businesses/congress-approves-government-wide-sdvosb-certification-requirement-transfers-cve-to-sba/
Posts Tagged SDVOSB
Jerry Baigis, owner of JR Landworks, LLC out of Marshall, Virginia, performs integrated land and vegetation management to promote desirable, stable, low-growing plant communities that will resist invasion by tall growing tree species. JR Landworks has completed rights-of-way clearing work for water & sewer authorities, natural gas providers, commercial developers, wetland remediation contractors, large farm operators, and others.
In seeking to expand his government client portfolio, Jerry approached Virginia PTAC for assistance in obtaining his status with the Vets First Verification Program as a VA certified service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB). Virginia PTAC counselor Daryl Corley worked closely with Jerry to ensure he was successful in receiving approval from the Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) and also counseled him on RFQs and other available resources to assist him in pursuit of submitting successful bids. Jerry knew he wanted to locate the most relevant bids for his company to compete and subsequently subscribed to the Virginia PTAC Bid Match Service. With the assistance of PTAC staff, he tailored his Bid Match profile to receive those solicitations most closely aligned to the work by adding keywords and checking his search parameters to add missing PSC categories when the results were too narrow in comparison to his eVA search results.
After successfully modifying his search profile, the client was able to bid on and win a contract with the Department of Army for Forestry Management Services at the Army’s Adelphi (Maryland) Laboratory Center (ALC) and Blossom Point Research Facility (BPRF) at Welcome, Maryland with the face value of $659,809. Congratulations to our client Jerry Baigis on his win and best wishes for additional success in the future!
Adapted from the announcement sent by CVE to PTAC counselors and of special interest to any CVE applicants or renewals now through late June 2018: VIP Enhancement and 30-Day Suspension Notice
1. On May 14, 2018, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE) began the rollout of the new Vendor Information Pages (VIP) to support the Vets First Verification Program. OSDBU and CVE are committed to improving customer service and the overall Verification experience. The enhanced VIP will enable OSDBU to manage all aspects of the Vets First Verification Program more effectively, and improve the online experience of Veterans.
2. On May 21, 2018, CVE will suspend incoming case applications to facilitate the transition to the new case VIP interface. The suspension of incoming cases will last for approximately thirty (30) days and include both new applications and reverifications. CVE will continue processing previously submitted applications during the suspension period. As such, any applicants (Veteran businesses) that desire to have their applications begin the verification process before the suspension start date, should strongly consider submitting their applications to VIP prior to May 21, 2018.
3. Major VIP enhancements include:
- Single Sign-On login process – You must have a DS Logon (Veterans) or create an ID.me Account (Non-Veterans and Representatives) to access the re-designed VIP
o Enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) is required to obtain a DS Logon
o DS Logon and ID.me account access instructions are attached DS Logon and ID.me Account Instructions
- System for Award Management (SAM) registration and Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) validation:
o Automatic when the user inputs the DUNS
o Elimination of Veteran frustration when submitting applications with incorrect DUNS or incomplete SAM registration
- New user specific dashboard capabilities and Veteran process enhancements:
o Easier to upload individual and business tax returns
o Ability to upload or create resume
o Easier to sign VA Form 0877
o Ability to designate a representative to serve as proxy for only specific designated owners
o Ability to track all verification application information in one unified location/view
o Ability to submit and track the status of Help Tickets
o New calendar capability to view appointments with Case Analysts
o Ability to automatically request/receive ten-day extensions for most document requests (not including risk, status protest or cancellation related requests)
o Application audit submission feature identifying outstanding tasks requiring completion prior to submission