To remain eligible as an EDWOSB or WOSB, program participants must submit an annual attestation to SBA each year, per 13 CFR Part 127.400. If you have received a letter from SBA about your annual attestation, and you are able to navigate to their dashboard, you will be able to go through the process of attestation, these are the steps:
• At the dashboard select the link to your application which states you are “approved”
• Then, select from the options (not a drop down) update/change
• Then, select the update you are doing, “WOSB Annual Update One”
• Carefully answer the questions presented that show nothing has changed
• After the questions are answered you will be asked to attest that everything is correct, then submit
• You will receive an email from SBA saying there has been a change to your certification, it is really vague, and you will be instructed to go to your dashboard again and access the letter from your documents saying you have successfully done your annual attestation.
Save the document to a handy folder on your computer and/or print out if you prefer a hard copy.
As a reminder, 13 CFR Part 127.401 states, “Once certified, a WOSB or EDWOSB must notify SBA of any material changes that could affect its eligibility within 30 calendar days of any such change. Material change includes, but is not limited to, a change in the ownership, business structure, or management.”
PTAC Counselors are here to help you through this process if you do not feel comfortable navigating it on your own.
Posted in: Uncategorized